Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

ShareThis

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How to be a junkie and a dealer.

I'm having a great time here at Re-train with some of the most influential men in the world when it comes to the gospel. I am humbled and blessed to be here. As I interact with these men I am struck by their desire to point people to Jesus and not men, and their intense pursuit of being disciples of Jesus. They are not just junkies--they are dealers. They love the Lord by loving people. In Matthew 28:20 Jesus tells us to "go and make disciples", the word go is a noun and not a verb. A noun is a person,place, or thing. I am either a noun or not. We don't go witnessing, we are either a witness or not. We are reflectors of God's glory. We have the capacity to declare God as our ultimate value through a life of worship, loving others, and bearing fruit of being transformed by God. When I reflect God on any level it is called salvation and redemption. God's love is a mystery as is his relationship to himself. When people see our lives they should be struck by the mystery of our love. They should be able to say, "why do these people stick with me". To reflect God we must drink in his glory. As David wrote, "as the deer pants for the water so my heart pants for you". What does the deer have to offer the stream--nothing. I have nothing to offer God. He has everything to offer me and as I accept this I begin to glorify him.

No comments:

Post a Comment