Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

ShareThis

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eternal Judgement

I am broken over how often I come across "christians" who believe there is such thing as a gospel without eternal judgement. I have read numerous books that speak of hell as a state of mind that occurs throughout the day, and have even heard "mature believers" rebuke me for holding fast to the doctrine of hell. They say, "why would you want to talk about hell when you get to talk about heaven?" The reason is you cannot appreciate heaven without understanding the judgement you deserve. What are you being saved from? Grace means nothing unless we understand we don't deserve it, and so I will stay "tied to the mast" on what the Bible clearly teaches.

When my son Toby is slapped by a 5 year old girl at the playground there is something inside of me that screams NO! When my close friend gets a brain tumor something inside of me screams NO! When I think of little children being molested something inside of me screams No! It makes me shudder when I realize I respond with a resounding (NO!) to grievous evils that effect me, but when it comes to my own sin-- my emotions run dry. When Jesus was crucified along with the vilest of the world, he was crucified for the (NO!) in my life so that I will be delivered from judgement, because he carried it for me. For many others-they will carry their (NO!) for eternity. Here are 4 ways we can measure the love of God in Christ, heard in the scream of the damned in eternal judgement.

1. You measure love, by the magnitude of the evil, from which the beloved is rescued.

2. You measure love by the magnitude of the guilt or ill-deserve that you had to overcome. In other words, the greatness of how much you don't deserve is a measure of the love you have when your rescuer must love you in spite of it.

3. The extent of the suffering, of the act of love itself.

4. The magnitude of the gift obtained in the suffering for you.

Dear people,
Hell exisits--sin exists--heaven exists--cross exists--you exist. Grace is offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment