Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

ShareThis

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Love You Oh Lord, My Strength

Psalm 18 is recorded twice in the Bible.  Once in 2 Samuel 22 and once at Psalm 18.  The beginning line of "I love you oh Lord, my strength" is not in the 2 Samuel 22 passage.  It was added years later after David had seen many more years of God's faithfulness.  David added this line to his song many years later.  His worship was sweetening, and growing more and more in depth as the years went on.  I desire to have this heart of worship, bearing this type of fruit in my life.  Psalm 18 is simply a grateful retrospect as David recalls the Lord showing him mercy in delivering him from his enemies.  Further down in the Psalm he says, "I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies"(vs.3).  In this verse David believes with certainty that he can sing out in joy and win the battle with a song in his heart.  How awesome it is when we anticipate new trials with a confidence based upon past experiences of God's perfect provision during those times.  To be rescued singing is to be rescued for sure!  Many are rescued mourning and doubting.

"No fearing or doubting with Christ on our side,
 We hope to die shouting, 'The Lord will provide.' "
author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment