Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

ShareThis

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Metallica And Crying Babies

This last week Miranda and I zipped down in a rental car to Coos Bay for a concert.  We usually drive a dark grey 1999 GMC suburban.  We needed the rental car because our brakes were sounding like Metallica and crying babies making noise at the same time.  We only had the "littles"  which is what we refer to as our two youngest kids named Jack and Max.  When they are together they like to speak loud gibberish where every word sounds like it is being said backwards.  It's funny but can get really monotonous and grating.  Sometimes I hear this voice in the back of my head say, "who do you think you are trying to minister to others when you hardly can keep your sanity in this car?"  There are many times when our life with four boys get's crazy, and just getting them to church seems like an exhausting obstacle course and then I remember I am the pastor who is speaking that morning.  I didn't have much time to prepare for our concert let alone Sunday morning when we got back, yet I find that God graciously gives us what we need when we need it.  As long as we are singing harmony to God's melody we will find the strength we need when we need it.  Duet. 33:25 states, "as your days, so shall your strength be."  The times I get overwhelmed are when I am wondering how I'm going to make it the next day.  Jesus said, "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matt. 6:34).  Don't jump off the cliffs of your mind today precious people.  Cling to Jesus and stay the course with what is in front of you today.  Make a decision to take one step today of obedience and trust the God of all provision. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I was "jumping off the cliffs" 2 days ago, fretting about temporal things, wondering if I was trying to sing the melody (I was), and was reminded by my dad to be thankful. Which is what I've been preaching to myself the last couple of months but the moment my mind wandered I went back to my worrisome habits. "Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love..." He is the God of all provision, thank you for the reminder and encouragement.
    KelliWhis

    ReplyDelete