Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

ShareThis

Friday, March 5, 2010

Christian Hand Sanitizer


“Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation” (Amos 6:1).

Powerless Christians do not walk by faith; they structure and organize their lives so they never have to.  They don’t need to listen to God’s plan for their life because they already have it mapped out.  God would never call us to something beyond our own supply of power and resources would he?  I think Jesus should have made a special hand sanitizer that would protect me from all things that require faith.  Lukewarm people probably drink and swear less than the average, but besides that, they really aren't different from the average nice guy/gal unbeliever.  They assume holiness = sanitized life, but they couldn't be more wrong.  

“They don’t depend on God on a regular basis—their refrigerators are full and for the most part, they are in good health.  The truth is their lives wouldn’t look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God.” Francis Chan

Jesus speaks to this false security in Luke 12:16-21

“And he told them this parable: the ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop (he must of really been doing something right).  He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do.  I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.  And I’ll say to myself, ‘You have plenty of good things laid up for many years.  Take life easy, eat, drink, and be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.  Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself? This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment